When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen.
HE ONLY FLAG THAT DOESN’T FLYBetween the fields where the flag is planted, there are 9+ miles of flower fields that go all the way to the ocean. The flowers are grown by seed companies. It’s a beautiful place, close to Vandenberg AFB. Check out the dimensions of the flag. The Floral Flag is 740 feet long and 390 feet wide and maintains the proper Flag dimensions, as described in Executive Order #10834.This Flag is 6.65 acres and is the first Floral Flag to be planted with 5 pointed Stars, comprised of White Larkspur. Each Star is 24 feet in diameter, each Stripe is 30 feet wide. This Flag is estimated to contain more than 400,000 Larkspur plants with 4-5 flower stems each, for a total of more than 2 million flowers.For our soldiers…. Please don’t break it
This is just amazing to me, not only is it huge, the proportions are correct.It took someone a lot of time to map it out and even more to plant it.I don’t know who they are, but thank-you for what you have done.
US CODE, TITLE 18,
Word for word from the
Cornell Law Library
Former United States
Attorney General Michael Mukasey tells MSNBC that not only is
Hillary Clinton’s private email server illegal, it
“disqualifies” her from holding any federal
Such as, say, President of
the United States. Very specifically points to one federal law,
Title 18. Section 2071.
For those of us who do not
have United States Code committed to memory, here’s what it
willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates,
obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent
to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map,
book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with
any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in
any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the
United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not
more than three years, or both.
having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book,
document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully
conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or
destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned
not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office
and be disqualified from holding any office under the United
States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not
include the office held by any person as a retired officer of
the Armed Forces of the United States.”
Yes, it explicitly states
“shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any
office under the United States.”
Shouldn’t voters know
that? The media won’t tell them. So it’s up to us. Can you help
hold Hillary accountable? Pass this on, please.
Here is a genuine Grille & Cylinder nostalgia trip
GENERAL MOTORS BILLBOARDS IN DETROIT
These were actual billboards in Detroit , Michigan , put up by GM.
They are definitely cool!
I love the oldies. Pass this on to anyone who thinks old things can be cool!
What an Ad company winner, especially the ‘cup holder’ one, for those of you old enough to remember….. LOL!
Interesting take on Trump.
William J. Bennett, Host of Bill Bennett’s Morning in America Show, is one of America’s most important, influential, and respected voices on cultural, political, and education issues. He has one of the strongest Christian world views of any writer in modern times.
What I See Happening In a Trump Presidency
By Bill Bennett
“They will kill him before they let him be president. It could be a Republican or a Democrat that instigates the shutting up of Trump.
Don’t be surprised if Trump has an accident. Some people are getting very nervous: Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton and Jon Corzine, to name just a few.
It’s about the unholy dynamics between big government, big business, and big media. They all benefit by the billions of dollars from this partnership, and it’s in all of their interests to protect one another. It’s one for all and all for one. It’s a heck of a filthy relationship that makes everyone filthy rich, everyone except the American people. We get ripped off. We’re the patsies. But for once, the powerful socialist cabal and the corrupt crony capitalists are scared. The over-the-top reaction to Trump by politicians of both parties, the media, and the biggest corporations of America has been so swift and insanely angry that it suggests they are all threatened and frightened.
Donald Trump can self-fund. No matter how much they say to the contrary, the media, business, and political elite understand that Trump is no joke. He could actually win and upset their nice cozy apple cart.
It’s no coincidence that everyone has gotten together to destroy The Donald. It’s because most of the other politicians are part of the a good old boys club. They talk big, but they won’t change a thing. They are all beholden to big-money donors. They are all owned by lobbyists, unions, lawyers, gigantic environmental organizations, and multinational corporations – like Big Pharmacy or Big Oil. Or they are owned lock, stock, and barrel by foreigners like George Soros owns Obama or foreign governments own Hillary and their Clinton Foundation donations.
These run-of-the-mill establishment politicians are all puppets owned by big money. But there’s one man who isn’t beholden to anyone. There’s one man who doesn’t need foreigners, or foreign governments, or George Soros, or the United Auto Workers, or the teacher’s union, or the Service Employees International Union, or the Bar Association to fund his campaign.
Billionaire tycoon and maverick Donald Trump doesn’t need anyone’s help. That means he doesn’t care what the media says. He doesn’t care what the corporate elites think. That makes him very dangerous to the entrenched interests. That makes Trump a huge threat to those people. Trump can ruin everything for the bribed politicians and their spoiled slave masters.
Don’t you ever wonder why the GOP has never tried to impeach Obama? Don’t you wonder why John Boehner and Mitch McConnell talked a big game, but never actually try to stop Obama? Don’t you wonder why Congress holds the purse strings, yet has never tried to de-fund Obamacare or Obama’s clearly illegal executive action on amnesty for illegal aliens? Bizarre, right? It defies logic, right?
First, I’d guess many key Republicans are being bribed. Secondly, I believe many key Republicans are being blackmailed. Whether they are having affairs, or secretly gay, or stealing taxpayer money, the National Security Agency knows everything.
Ask former House Speaker Dennis Hastert about that. The government even knew he was withdrawing large sums of his own money from his own bank account. The NSA, the SEC, the IRS, and all the other three-letter government agencies are watching every Republican political leader. They surveil everything. Thirdly, many Republicans are petrified of being called racists, so they are scared to ever criticize Obama or call out his crimes, let alone demand his impeachment. Fourth , why rock the boat? After defeat or retirement, if you’re a good old boy, you’ve got a $5 million-per-year lobbying job waiting. The big-money interests have the system gamed. Win or lose, they win.
But Trump doesn’t play by any of these rules. Trump breaks up this nice, cozy relationship between big government, big media, and big business. All the rules are out the window if Trump wins the Presidency. The other politicians will protect Obama and his aides but not Trump. Remember: Trump is the guy who publicly questioned Obama’s birth certificate. He questioned Obama’s college records and how a mediocre student got into an Ivy League university. Now, he’s doing something no Republican has the chutzpah to do. He’s questioning our relationship with Mexico; he’s questioning why the border is wide open; he’s questioning why no wall has been built across the border; he’s questioning if allowing millions of illegal aliens into America is in our best interests; he’s questioning why so many illegal aliens commit violent crimes, yet are not deported; and he’s questioning why our trade deals with Mexico, Russia and China are so bad.
Trump has the audacity to ask out loud why American workers always get the short end of the stick. Good question! I’m certain Trump will question what happened to the almost billion dollars given in a rigged no-bid contract to college friends of Michelle Obama at foreign companies to build the defective Obamacare website. By the way, that tab is now up to $5 billion. Trump will ask if Obamacare’s architects can be charged with fraud for selling it by lying. Trump will investigate Obama’s widespread IRS conspiracy, not to mention Obama’s college records. Trump will prosecute Clinton and Obama for fraud committed to cover up Benghazi before the election. How about the fraud committed by employees of the Labor Department when they made up dramatic job numbers in the last jobs report before the 2012 election?
Obama, the multinational corporations and the media need to stop Trump. They recognize this could get out of control. If left unchecked, telling the raw truth and asking questions everyone else is afraid to ask, Trump could wake a sleeping giant. Trump’s election would be a nightmare. Obama has committed many crimes. No one else but Trump would dare to prosecute. He will not hesitate. Once Trump gets in and gets a look at the cooked books and Obama’s records, the game is over. The goose is cooked. Holder could wind up in prison. Jarrett could wind up in prison. Obama bundler Corzine could wind up in prison for losing $1.5 billion of customer money. Clinton could wind up in jail for deleting 32,000 emails or for accepting bribes from foreign governments while Secretary of State, or for misplacing $6 billion as the head of the State Department, or for lying about Benghazi. The entire upper level management of the IRS could wind up in prison.
Obamacare will be de-funded and dismantled. Obama himself could wind up ruined, his legacy in tatters. Trump will investigate. Trump will prosecute. Trump will go after everyone involved. That’s why the dogs of hell have been unleashed on Donald Trump.
Yes, it’s become open season on Donald Trump. The left and the right are determined to attack his policies, harm his businesses, and, if possible, even keep him out of the coming debates. But they can’t silence him. And they sure can’t intimidate him. The more they try, the more the public will realize that he’s the one telling the truth”.
DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON CLINTON FOUNDATION: SHUT IT DOWN
Hillary Clinton is the defender of the corrupt and rigged status quo. The Clintons have spent decades as insiders lining their own pockets and taking care of donors instead of the American people. It is now clear that the Clinton Foundation is the most corrupt enterprise in political history. What they were doing during Crooked Hillary’s time as Secretary of State was wrong then, and it is wrong now. It must be shut down immediately.
– Donald J. Trump
Today Joe and I visited Town Hall and spoke with Pam Tomlinson. Joe provided Pam with six Florida Attorney General’ opinions which contradict her statements that Joe has to pay for a flash drive and the custodian’s time. She stated she trusts the Town Attorney. I then stated that Mr. Koberlein has had a problem or two with 119’s (i.e. Shands’ suit) and that the Attorney General’s Opinions definitely trump a City Attorney’s opinions.
Nevertheless, as I also explained in an E-Mail to Pam, I want to see, not purchase all paperwork. We have seen in the past that certain e-mails have been eliminated “to protect the corrupt”. I told Pam that I would like to see all the e-mails which lied about Joe and I from her, Shirley Heath, and Helen Miller and possibly some from Tracy Rodriquenz. I frankly am tired of all the lies and told her that I still felt the reason our City Attorney sat in on the depositions was to intimidate those who were responding; however, I stated that the only person who did not lie was Bill Lawrence.
Pam became really upset and said that I did not know what Joe did 16 years ago. (Mind you, with this statement it still means the Town will do anything they can to punish Joe Griffin because of what they think he did 16 years ago. Furthermore they are fearful, Joe would clean up town hall). I advised Pam that I have read the Lake City Reporter article of what happened 16 years ago. And what I did not advise Pam is that I have read all the minutes of meetings, all citizens’ complaints as well as reviewing all 19 court cases. And frankly, the reason the Town hates Joe Griffin is BECAUSE THE TOWN HAS NOT AND CONTINUES TO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA NOR THEIR OWN CHARTER AND LAND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS.
I never had the opportunity to ask her what Joe did or what I did, since she addressed me personally as well. II explained to her that Joe was not stalking anyone; Joe stated he never knocked on McKire’s door as they lied about in court documents; I mentioned Joe never attacked women as they lied about because if he had, and the Millers tried to have him arrested by the FBI, he would have been locked up 16 years ago. She said she didn’t say anything about these things until either Joe or I stated she attested that she “heard” and then she agreed. Not only is this defamatory poppycock of over 16 years ago but is well past the statute of limitation. Yet it worked so that the Judge managed to give the Town officials immunity and thus the Judge indicated we both have rights to do whatever we wish to each other without anything affecting our or the official’s civil rights. Pam also indicated that I, Karin, has hurt the town.
The statements in the court case were ridiculous and one of the things besides those shown above was the fact that Joe ran for City Council. Now isn’t that every Citizen’s Right? Of Course if the Town does not like you that definitely is not a citizen’s right and they will use every tactic possible to go after us and previously used their authority to have not only the White Springs police and the Sheriff’s office come after us but also the State’s Attorney.
Let’s just mention some of the things the Town did to us and the Citizens of White Springs, for the fun of it:
- Miller and the Officials tried to secure a $100,000,000 Death Bond and the manner in which it would be paid when a citizen died. The town does not have an insurable interest in Citizens and what would they do if they were late on a bond payment, assassinate someone? Joe called the Insurance Commissioner and it was kyboshed and is illegal.
- Used up all the retained earnings after and during Millers reign; The Town lost $40,000 of Grant Money which ultimately became a liability under the Sewer and Water Account to cover their tracks. What? How can something like that happen. Yes we let the citizens of White Springs know. Yet we were told by an attendee that Miller in her recent campaign told some of the Black Community she deserved the money.
- Millers use of over $25,000 to pay UF Students for a study of the Carver School Building without council approval with virtually no repercussions by the Council; the money of which could have paid for asbestos removal but thank God, PCS stepped in, since no money was allocated.
- Speaking of UF, we realized the reason Miller has done so much for the students, including the building of a shack on skids for the Black Community, is because she desired a job with UF. The application she submitted stated she was at home for nine years whereas each of the other three resumes had her working in different areas but none were consistent. We questioned her diplomas (after all when Joe was arrested, it was stated he did not have a degree with FTU, now known as UCF and he had all of these degrees). The school in which an MBA and a PhD was earned had her listed as “Helen Baca Miller”. At the time she received her degrees, she was not a Miller because she had not yet met Ed. Ed Miller was stating everything from being a diplomat to some huge businessperson and the businesses we found he was involved in went defunct and furthermore he was a penny stock broker. A private Eye was looking for him. Yet Joe was a real stockbroker at one time as well as receiving awards for being the Top Annuity Salesman in the nation for John Hancock. What are the Millers Hiding? Look on the Internet yourself and see the discrepancies from one resume to another.
- Miller, the Town Attorney and Rhett Bullard tried to put together a Charter School twice but did not have the expertise, even though Martha Butler provided information the first time of why it could not go through and Tom Mofsees, the second time. What is sad is that Joe Griffin made a summation that was extremely easy to follow as to what was missing. He even suggested a candidate Tim Day who had started two charter schools, but Helen caused him problems twice as an applicant so obviously she really was not serious about starting a Charter School.
- She wished a corporal punishment waiver signed by any parents who would enroll their children in the Charter School. How would you know how badly a child may be hit and shouldn’t that be a parent’s right. Yes we fought this as well.
- Although the Town stipulated that because of legal reasons it could not fund the Charter School fiasco, Miller paid the Town Attorney over $800 out of a PCS Check which was designated for the HOPE program as well as a credit card for her husband’s attendance at some function. PCS had not, for a long time thereafter, issued a check to the Town which may have been for this reason. Yes, after a councilman brought this to our attention, we publicized this information.
- The Suit generated against the owner Harris for the Condemned buildings on Mill Street was dropped by reason that he was a friend and relative of Town Officials. Our Town Attorney at the time stated that if we did not enforce the zoning code for Mr. Harris, it could not be enforced again. It took 16 years for those buildings to be torn down and instead of increasing taxes and Water and Sewer rates, the Town could have followed State law.
- The Town has several condemned dwellings; some extremely dilapidated. Yet the Town is not concerned about their liabilities because after all it is other people’s money and who cares if a child is hurt under the Attractive Nuisance Law. We have complained and we have suggested also that there should be a Fire Department Surcharge of $50- $100 for each vacant or unoccupied dwelling which would pay for a Fire Chief and possibly a Lieutenant. That would help clean up the town.
- Mary Lou Cunningham, former Zoning Chair, lived in the condemned building with a grandchild, who was taken away by Family Services due to the squalor she was living in. Yet Cunningham complained that Griffin’s Tractor-Trailer unit hurt the value of her condemned home and even the town stated Griffin’s vehicle took lines down. However a tractor-trailer unit can only be 13.6’ tall and Power lines are 14’ high. Various Tractor Trailer units have been seen on Mill Street when they obviously make a wrong turn. Obviously this was another lie made by the Town in our civil rights suit.
- What was not stated about Cunningham’s comments was the fact that she ran a water hose from Former Mayor John Graham house and was worried it would hurt the hose coming into her home. She was obviously not paying for water because of her relationship with Graham, which someone walking past the Graham house apprised Joe of. No White Springs, it was not Joe who saw them but he did mention the great relationship they had at a Council Meeting.
- 18 out of 19 suits against the Town for public records ended with a motion to dismiss and required Griffin to pay attorneys costs and fees which in the end cost Griffin near 30,000 due to the fact that he acted as his own attorney. At the time the Town Attorney stated that the Town of White Springs did not have to follow the Sunshine Laws and further stated that if Griffin came to Town Meetings, he would be arrested. The McKire Suit also related to his stating the Sunshine Laws did not apply to White Springs with a letter written by Shirley Heath as well. THE LAW IS THE LAW and when some attorney states they worry about future suits, Why doesn’t White Springs Follow the Law?
- At one time, the police officers, because of Griffin’s Tractor-Trailer Unit, fined all the Griffin neighbors for parking on the berm (swale) . No one else was fined except for a vehicle near the Tilford and because of that fine, the officer was in trouble with the Town. DISCRIMINATION AND PERSECUTION IS SOMETHING WE FIGHT AGAINST.
- Although Miller bragged that She along with Richard Marshall formulated the food bank, when Marshall questioned her at a council meeting about her spending without council approval, she changed the subject and said the Town no longer would sponsor the food bank. She was intending to bring in Catholic Charities. That did not happen. In the interim, we assisted Marshall in getting minimum insurance but the cost to secure the required $1,000,000/3,000,000 limits of insurance to secure the building we previously had with Hamilton County would have been prohibitive and products liability insurance would have been required. This can only work if Charities are supported by businesses and White Springs is not that large to accommodate such a thing. Isn’t it great that the Town to protect Helen got rid of the food bank? Yes we were upset for Richard and the Citizens.
- The First Time Joe Griffin ran for council, Shirley Heath after Rhett Bullard apprised her (she told me Rhett made the complaint to her) filed a complaint with the elections board that we were buying votes, by having a food bank at our residence since the Town shut down the Food Bank. The Board of elections denied that the Town had any bearing because having a food bank providing cookies and coffee is no different than campaigning at a church. It did, however, ruin Joe Griffin’s campaign and the Camel Club and certain police officers made certain that everyone in town knew that Joe Griffin bought votes. You can’t blame me for publicizing this slander and defamation.
- Because Joe Griffin was running for council the second time, and people were telling him he would win, the town made certain that Griffin was arrested for an application I completed because of paperwork I had attached. The Military would have dropped the case; the FBI did not wish the case; yet the Town pressed the State’s Attorney to have him in prison for 25 years. Rodriquenz, on behalf of Miller, had a heck of a party in the Park with unbelievable actions as a gift to the officer who arrested Joe; especially when Joe lost the electon.
- Miller and her friend Joyce Taylor of the Jasper News, Suwannee Democrat (who no longer is employed at the newspaper office ) used the internet and newspaper articles to demoralize Joe Griffin further In fact the night of the arrest, Miller and Taylor already had the article completed just waiting for Joe’s mugshot. They also had the internet paperwork run off and the Town paid some young black men money to have the article passed out to residences. Yes, at the time the Jasper News etal was the Mayor’s blog to not only defame and slander Joe but me as well, calling me a criminal in the newspaper.
- The newspaper article was not sufficient enough for Miller who sent over a couple who tried to pay us for the pulled pork and chicken campaign luncheon on the lawn. I had to refuse them at least eight times before passing them food and they finally left me alone. Then Miller and her husband came by our house and took photos of our campaign signs hoping for some type of violation. Miller was Hell bent on Leather that she would make Joe lose the election. Too bad she doesn’t have the Clinton Machine or we would have been assassinated by now.
- When Griffin secured PTI, the Town decided to go after us for Cyber Stalking Harassment so that we both could be arrested; yet the State did not find our blog fit the bill for the Crime. We were not sending e-mails and in order to get on a blog, one has to make key strokes through an internet vehicle to view the blog….except for the blog being downloaded in Town Hall. IT SHOWS THAT THE TOWN WILL HELP THEIR FRIENDS BUT IF THEY CONSIDER YOU A PROBLEM BECAUSE YOU BRING OUT THE CORRUPTION, THEY WILL GO AFTER YOU.
- Miller continually complained to Rodriquenz so that she called in Deputy Fouraker. Fouraker had not assisted me, or Joe, regarding all the Cyber Harassment by the Camel Club a year prior because he was biased against our blog, even though the e-mails we received were far more hurtful than anything we could have written on the blog. Miller even complained to State’s attorney Sigmeister. Yet, at the behest of Miller, mainly, Fouraker elected to charge us with Cyberstalking Harassment. He was to investigate but basically accused us about the blog and became angry with me when I expressed the fact that we had our first amendment rights and the people we discussed were public officials. He read us our Miranda and said he could not talk to us unless we made a statement. Some investigations and he read us our Miranda Rights but forgot conveniently when giving his deposition. Rodriquenz indicated she had pressure from Miller to do something about us. Bill Lawrence in his deposition also stated Miller was adamant that she would shut down our blog (and we know she was trying to get us in prison to do it. Yet Miller can do the things she has to hurt the Citizens of White Springs financially by her misspending and get away with it totally.
- Miller wrote a letter to the State’s Attorney’s office stating both Joe and I should go to prison for our blog and 119 requests. Walter McKenzie was upset that Rhett Bullard, Tanja Brown and Willie Jefferson did not agree to have the letter sent. The letter, however, was fashioned and worded similarly to the slanderous letters Ed Miller wrote about us
- When I moved here, various neighbors and others approached me to tell me that the four or five letters Ed Miller had written about Joe Griffin made them frightened of him. One neighbor mentioned, after calling the police after our dog was loose, that he realized Joe was a really nice person. Apparently Ed Miller sent letters to all the sewer and water recipients as well as leaving stacks of his letters at the S & S and other businesses, just like Helen did with the charges against Joe. This is evil in its finest, I believe. I hate to be them when the Universe kicks in the Karma.
- Townsend lied on his application as did others applying for the Town Manager position, when we vetted them. Yet, Joe, to my knowledge, is the only one they arrested based upon an application. An application is not an instrumentality of Fraud nor does it meet the legal elements of Fraud.
- The Town blamed Joe for contacting applicants for the Town Manager Position. They claimed that it was because of Joe that the Town could not secure a good hire. Well let’s look further into this. Joe never once claimed he was a Town Official but only a concerned citizen. He asked whether they followed the law because that was of utmost importance to him. He did not tell everyone about our blog, but the Town hired Bill Lawrence and he was aware of our blog. Bill was an intelligent man and if one looks at the blog it may give them insight as to what one may need to inquire about. Bill passed the blog off as a “Good Ole Boy” feud but later told us it is far worse and could not wait to leave White Springs. In fact we offered our home for the evening and dinner but they were so anxious to leave, they did not have anything to eat but drove into the night just to get away from White Springs. Bill was paid very little as well and was not even provided insurance for his spouse Kathy. At least two candidates contacted Joe to tell him how rude the officials seemed to be. One said they did not offer to show him around. Another said that they seemed disinterested and he wasn’t going to make such a move to a Town where he would not be appreciated. Others desired a larger salary and more benefits. There you have it White Springs! Just point that finger right back at ya!
- The Town received a $250,000 Grant which was to have provided a lighted basketball court and park with bleachers. The Town instead decided to build an Amphitheater by the Community Center. This amphitheater was built where any performers would melt in the hot Western sun and there is no place to park. This Amphitheater should have been in a town square where people could enjoy events and have parking spaces, but no, it is in an area where no one uses it.
- One citizen saw the Millers at early dawn meet up with a Tree hauler. The two large oak trees (Not Water oaks) were placed on the truck and taken possibly to a mill. The concerned citizen said he thought the Millers possibly pocketed the money so that they could renovate their home. However, we could not verify that. We only know that those two trees had great value in the type of wood that could be used and we know the Town did not receive any money for these trees.
- Then Mary Bullard who Chaired HCDA elected to assist her nephew Robert Townsend by providing a $250,000 Grant for Economic Development. There were no added jobs or a business incubator assisting people to start their own businesses. Instead a concrete park was built by the old fire station and Townsend called it a “business incubator”. The sidewalk to nowhere laden with bricks was also part of that grant and we understand that because of the amount of bricks purchased, Walter McKenzie received a discount for the bricks he purchased.
- Let’s not forget that large Sewer Rate on top of an increased Water Rate. First of all McKenzie has been the longest standing council person and his sidekick Shirley apparently never brought up the fact that the Council was to increase the water rates in small increments yearly. Instead because these two couldn’t remember, the Citizens got hit with a large fee.
- The Sewer rate charged was enormous and even though pipes go through areas of unoccupied dwellings, no charge is made for these buildings. Some of the Citizens, including Willy Jefferson, have their own sewage containment so he only has to pay the minimum amount. In fact, the Park received Water and Sewer for free. So why would he or any of the other council members’ care that they have socked the Citizens so drastically, with rates almost 200% or more than any other Town around here. The fees are worse than any municipality and many of the citizens have a hard time making their payments, much less including the large fees for start up if their water is shut off. There are some that have no water whatsoever, which is totally unhealthy. But the Town continues to live Sewer paycheck to Sewer paycheck because they never have enough money in the General Fund for contingencies or daily payables. You are hurting all of the citizens and mostly those who are having a difficult time in this economy, but you do not care.
- Joe Griffin provided comparable budgets which allowed the inclusion of a Town Clerk but one less police officer (three instead of four). The Town could use the $100,000 savings to either lower the sewer rate or keep some retained earnings for further grants/matching fund grants or leeway for contingencies. Willie Jefferson gave mouth service but basically voted Joe’s budget down. And Citizens of White Springs…you really think your Council is concerned about you? When I moved here five years ago Miller used the police as an entourage to go into the Black section of Town as if she was a dignitary
- And then there was the Jewett Street Project after the Flood, where we received the Funds from two sources to pay Hamilton County (one being FEMA who is always late with payments). Hamilton county had sent a breakdown of all work performed and totaled it stating that Total was Due. In other words, it was in invoice. After Two years, Shirley Heath, who knew about it to begin with and Pam Tomlinson did nothing about that invoice. In fact Pam Tomlinson thought Hamilton County was doing the work for free. This is to show you the type of individuals we have as staff at Town Hall. They cannot even handle their payables and such was not handled until Stacy Tebo started as manager, with the help of Hamilton County.
- The office at Town Hall is a cluster f..k. There is so much disorganization it is pitiful. Our Town Manager buries herself in her office and is rude to volunteers and to citizens as a whole. One Citizen complained about the condemned dwellings and that citizen was told to secure addresses and submit them to Tebo. Tebo stated she does not know the town well and we know for a fact she does not participate in the businesses in town, not even purchasing lunch from Bridge Street Café or Fat Belly’s. When you see her at events such as the “Taste of White Springs” she stood in a corner looking as if she could bite someone’s head off. She is applying for other jobs but has not found one and the Town is aware of it. Isn’t that a bit strange? She states she is homesick but yet is allowed a four day week at Town Hall so she can go home each weekend.
So Pam, why don’t you tell me what we have done to the Town? If you want to complain about the $250,000 Grant from HCDA that you blamed Joe for ruining because of his speech, you are wrong. HCDA has given White Springs a lot of money and like one of the board members said “White Springs doesn’t have any skin in the game”. Robert Farley could not fight hard enough with his presentation and acted guilty because of what he had done to us I believe. Furthermore, in a prior meeting Helen boasted that because of the increased sewer rate, she already had the $250,000 necessary for the $3,000,000 loan. So who is lying to whom? Joe asked that the board provide White Springs with the $250,000 with one provision…that the Sewer and Water rate be reduced. I know you cannot beat the number of things the Town has done to Joe and Karin Griffin as well as the Citizens of White Springs.
Karin Griffin for the blog